Welcome to the Roberts Family Food Journal! A place where our two favourite things come together: food and photos. Yumm.
This blog is nothing much; it's simply a much-needed catalog and commentary on recipes our family has tried. We like good food. And we like to share the recipes that we think are awesome. That is all.
Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Taco Pizza

I really felt like making homemade pizza today.
But I'm bread-stupid. I just assumed that you can use one bread recipe for everything 'bread-y"...and I used this super-fast bread recipe for the pizza crust. It tasted great...but turned out too thick and puffy, even though I poked it with a fork. Does anyone know what the difference is between a regular bread recipe and a pizza dough recipe? Yeast amounts? Kneading amounts? Told you: Bread-stupid.

But at least it all turned out tasting good. Well...I think it tasted good. Ha. I have a seriously stuffed nose. I'll have to get Darren's opinion once he gets home later this evening. It's possible that it could actually taste completely repulsive. Baha.

In the meantime, I've got to get down the things I tossed into the sour cream sauce before I forget. I never measure when I'm making something up. Oops? I probably should. I'd probably be more likely to replicate good results. I'll estimate this time.

Sour Cream sauce for Taco Pizza....or tacos, or dip, or drinking. HA.
-approx 1/2 c. sour cream (use more next time if doing a whole cookie-sheet-size pizza)
-1-2 T. finely chopped fresh cilantro
-1/2 t. cumin
-1/2 t. garlic powder (try minced garlic next time)
-1/4 t. onion powder (try finely chopped onion next time)
-hefty sprinkle of cayenne pepper
-couple big pinches of chili powder...(I think it would be hard to add too much of this yummy stuff.)
-pinch of salt
-teensy squeeze of honey

Taco Pizza
-Pizza Dough...note to self: find good recipe for pizza dough
-Sour Cream sauce
-grated cheese
-chopped tomatoes
-black beans
-chopped lettuce
-cooked, seasoned ground beef
-roughly crushed taco chips
-olives
-chopped green onions
-chunks of avocado
-okay, I'm actually just spouting stuff off here. Ours only had up to the black beans...I didn't even get to the lettuce because I was just hungry and lazy. But oh the possibilities! Yumm...

Bake the pizza crust for 10-15 min, or until lightly browned. Then top with the sour cream sauce and whatever else your heart desires that is vaguely related to tacos. I didn't put the pizza back in the oven to melt the cheese or anything, but I suppose you could if you wanted.

Enjoy the eats!

2 comments:

  1. Laura, you inspired me! I was waiting to comment until I made pizza dough and figured out what the differences between my bread recipe and my pizza dough recipe were.
    The pizza dough is yeast, sugar, water, flour and salt where my bread recipe has oil and eggs as well (which would make it rise more).
    I love this blog and I know I will use recipes from here all the time. I got my recipe for pizza dough from here
    http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/04/breadsticks-and-pizza-dough/

    and I used about 3/4cup white flour and the remaining flour was whole wheat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laura!!! That totally makes sense. And I'm trying that pizza dough STAT. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete