Welcome to the Roberts Family Food Journal! A place where our two favourite things come together: food and photos. Yumm.
This blog is nothing much; it's simply a much-needed catalog and commentary on recipes our family has tried. We like good food. And we like to share the recipes that we think are awesome. That is all.
Enjoy!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Popcorn Secrets.

I can come up with a lot of reasons why this blog is a good idea.

My reasons are mostly selfish (recipe organization and commentary)...except for the fact that when something works and is awesome, I want to tell EVERYONE about it. I spend a lot of my time as the mama thinking about and making meals, snacks, and treats for my family. I actually like it! Good thing.
I like me some good food, and like the idea of having a place where everything is organized with my thoughts on it...while being able to share it, simultaneously.

But in all reality, whatever reason I try to pass off as the primary one this blog exists, don't believe a word I say.

Because subconsciously, I'm pretty sure that the main reason this blog exists is so that we have an excuse to take pictures of food.

And just because this would be silly to post without food, let's start things off with the snack food our family could not live without, shall we? Because I took a picture of it some morning last week for no good reason at all.

I exaggerate not when I say that without popcorn, our family would think this world a dim and dark place devoid of sunshine. This is a staple snack in the Roberts household, morning, afternoon, or night, and usually with just the classic butter and salt. A couple other favourites, however, are to grate in a plentiful amount of extra-sharp cheddar...or drown it in buttery, brown-sugary caramel. Yes, we do take a perfectly fine, whole-grain snack, and smear its name with all sorts of calories. We have no shame around here.

1 comment:

  1. We discovered the best way to make low-fat popcorn is 1/4 c in a plain brown lunch bag in the microwave... fold the bag top over a few times first and hit the old "popcorn" button... no oil, no greasy junk... works great!

    ReplyDelete